Should the whistleblower ask for it, he/she shall be entitled from the moment of announcement submission to obtain media protection at the same level which is granted in the criminal proceedings to perpetrators of criminal acts.
If media protection could be granted to a justified whistleblower, it would be possible to protect him/her from the social and personal damage which he/she is exposed to as a result of corruption announcements.
- Transparency International: Curbing Corruption in Public Procurement, A Practical Guide, 2014, p. 17
- Transparency International Czech Republic: Whistleblowing is not snitching, A Guide not only for whistleblowers, September 2014, p. 57
- REST. Depolitisation of the civil service, Reconstruction of the State [online], 2013, principle 4
- Transparency International: International Principles for Whistleblower Legislation – Best Practices for Laws to Protect Whistleblowers and Support Whistleblowing in the Public Interest, 2013, p. 6
- Oživení: Whistleblower protection, Analysis developed for the purpose of preparation of new legal regulation in Czech Republic, 2011, p. 33 - 37, 60 – 64
- Transparency International: Alternative to silence – Whistleblower protection in 10 European Countries: Whistleblowers protection in the Czech Republic – Key Findings, 2009, p. 27
- Transparency International Czech Republic: Whistleblowing and the protection of whistleblowers in the Czech Republic, November 2009, p. 15 - 17
- Vondráček, O., Havrda, M., 21 recipes – Anti-corruption cookbook, Recipe 12: Corruption whistleblowing, December 2013
More about methodology
Justification and sources